Tuesday, 18 October 2005
Because it is Practical and Fun! Tandeming can :-
- Improve relationships between partners or family, particularly when the riders speeds are quite different! On solo bicycles, one rider is normally miles ahead of the other causing frustration to both. The tandem evens out these differences.
- Enable young members of the family to appreciate cycling in safety. Tandems can be adapted to carry youngsters of all ages - the Kids and Tandems entry in the Tandeming section covers some of the options available.
- Improve health and fitness
- Lead to greater appreciation of the wildlife, countryside, towns and villages than is possible using motorised transport
- Allow those who cannot normally cycle to experience the pleasures of fresh air, movement and exercise
- Increase distances that can be covered in the day
- Add to the enjoyment of cycling
- Lead to many new friendships with other tandemists and cyclists